Donations sought to finish repairs from 2017 leak
BY CARTER LOEFFELHOLZ
Springtown Legends Museum is currently under renovation and city officials hope to see it reopen soon.
The museum was founded in 1994 with the mission of collecting, preserving, and interpreting historic artifacts and events in Springtown and the surrounding area.
The museum is located in the historic Hutcheson house at 839 North Main St.
It had been facing financial difficulties and was already in need of assistance when a water leak caused part of the floor to collapse in the fall of 2017.
The City of Springtown stepped in and is now paying for utilities and maintenance.
They leased the property from owners Laurie and Julia Moseley and began the $10,000 renovations for necessary repairs on the structure, built in 1910.
Despite the help from the city, the museum has still not recovered from the 2017 floor collapse.
To make a donation to the museum, call museum president Gloria Elam at (817) 220-7759.
Or send donations to 839 North Main St., P.O. Box 215, Springtown.